Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pinterest: My Life's Pinboard


There are blog spots and forums on the internet where you can posts your thoughts about the things happening around you but Pinterest takes blogging a step further than tumblr and facebook. It's a virtual pin-board where people from around the world come together and pin up their favorite foods, pictures, and almost anything else you could possibly think of. Pinterest is a mix between facebook and tumblr; the social aspect is like facebook and the personal aspect is like tumblr. At the end of each day, what else would you rather do than  browse the daily popular posts to feel connected with the rest of the world.

The personal and intimate setting of the site creates a sense of homeliness and comforts viewers as soon as they set their eyes on the homepage. From images of the new hottest shoes, favorite houses, and even the occasional picture of the cute fur-ball sitting at home, everything seems to fit as a whole. It's hard to image how these opposing pictures compliment each other but the simplicity of each picture all just remind one of an average day. Short and commanding phrases perch underneath each planned shot. You can tell that each artist spent a fair amount of time with each picture trying to tell a story. If you ever have time to contribute to the world's bulletin board I'll tell you right now how addicting it gets. If you don't want to contribute, I'm sure you can find some how to tips on one of the hundreds of pages pinterest has.

7 comments:

  1. Pinterest sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest sounds interesting...and it also sounds like another social network I'd waste time on. I'll check it up anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very interesting & makes me want to take a look. I love your line, "At the end of each day, what else would you rather do than browse the daily popular posts to feel connected with the rest of the world." Makes you feel like you have got to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nice description of the commanding words "perched" underneath the pictures is very amusing. Your personality really shines through your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, succinct introduction to this site that's been coming on so strong lately. I love the way you describe the captions and the way they "Short and commanding phrases perch underneath."

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like if I cared about anything it listed, it'd be cool. I don't so it seams irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pinterest!!!! I'm an addict, I have to addmit it.

    ReplyDelete