Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just Like the Movie

             
     Everyone told me to read Pride and Prejudice. I wan't sure if I would like it so I did what anyone else would do, I watched the movie. As of now, I have always liked the book better than the movie. If I hear that a movie is coming out, I make sure I don't read the book anytime soon. The movies just made the books so boring. I had already watched the beginning scenes in Mr. Hill's AP Lit class but once he stopped the film after the scene at the ball, I knew I would be finishing the movie later that night. Now that I am reading the book, I can't help but compare the book to the movie. I don't think I have ever watched a movie that is so similar to the actual book. Even though I have only gotten through the first 150 pages, I just have this feeling that I'll like the book as much as I liked the movie. Maybe I will even post something about comparing the movie and the film after I finish reading.
     My favorite scene so far in the book, ironically, is the scene of the ball. This time it's not the first ball that they are together at, it's the second ball. Elizabeth wasn't beautiful enough to "tempt" Mr. Darcy at the first ball  but it seems that something had changed Mr. Darcy's mind about Elizabeth the second time around. The usually stubborn, cold man that only dances with the women in his close knit of acquaintances finally gives Elizabeth a chance with a dance. I found it cute and I cannot wait until I get further along in the book. The small bits of extra descriptions in the book have made the book enjoyable but when I finish, I know I am going to end up watching the movie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment