Sunday, March 25, 2012

Caddy For Life: John Feinstein #2


The book only gets better. I started on page 111 and got all the way to page 226, the end of chapter 14. There are only 50 or some more pages to go and I'm sad to see that I am almost done with it. The new section I started reading this week had a lot to do with what I had read last week, a lot of information on the earlier ages of his life. There were stories on his childhood and also interesting stories on how he become a professional golf caddy for the PGA tour. I remember reading about when he had first meet Tom Watson and I still can't believe how laid back their first time meeting was. The differences of golf then and what golf is now is drastic and I can't even imagine all the stuff he talks about. For example, when Edwards was looking for a job as a teenager, he would show up at the golf course the day of the tournament and find himself a person he would caddy just for that day. Now-a-days, I know that just showing up for a tournament won't land you a caddying gig; almost all caddys are full time employees. Towards the end, there was some stories on when Edwards was first diagnosed with ALS. The book went from happy to sad in less than five pages. I can't wait to finish the book even though I know it'll get a little sad. I'm going to have to get out my tissue box!

No comments:

Post a Comment