Thursday, January 26, 2012

Finished!


I finally finished "The Battle Hymn of a Tiger Mother" the other day. It was a great ending, something I didn't expect from a memoir. I don't usually read memoirs because well, I don't really like reading about other people's lives, but this book was different. It was actually enjoyable and I think I can even put it on my Top 10 Reading Books list. After reading about Sophia, Lulu, Amy and Jed, I couldn't help myself from searching them on Google. I have watched videos on Sophia's graduation speech, book interviews, and even older piano and violin performances. And more exciting yet, I found Sophia's blog! I plan on following her from now on.
Anyway, I also started a new book this week, "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. I have been wanting to read this book for a long time. The movie was good and while reading through blogs last Friday, I read that someone thought the book was also a good read so I bumped it to the top of my To Read list right after school that day. I'm going to start something new this time and try to read this on my Nook. I finished the first 50 pages or so and am already starting to get a good feel on this book. After the memoir, I feel a good romantic novel would be nice. I'll update more on this book later.

No comments:

Post a Comment